Summer is in full swing around here. We've had something going on every weekend for the last several weeks. It's been fun but tiring. We've had one baby shower already, we had a neighborhood BBQ, we had a BBQ with all of Keith's high school buddies and their parents. My sister is in town for the next few weeks, I'm trying to finalize another baby shower for SIL and I'm still trying to train for my marathon (not going so well). This heat is a killer on my time and the girls only last so long anyway. I actually renewed my membership to the gym so I can use the track but Kate gets pretty bored going around and around. We also spend a lot of time swimming at my moms and are excited to have my dad's pool and pool house finished (hopefully soon!)
This was our main celebration for the 4th in addition to barbecues at all the parents. My dad and I also ran in the Kaysville Rotary 10K and finished in 54:50. Our pace was just under 9 minutes a mile which was our goal. My dad had to push me a little. Last summer I mainly ran indoors on the track and I didn't realize how slow I become in this heat! We're also going to do the Pioneer Day half marathon but we'll use it more as a training run. We're both running the Layton Marathon October 8th and then my dad will be running the NYC marathon in November. Keith and I will be tagging along to cheer. I've been a couple of times before to New York but Keith has never been so we're excited!





0 comments:
Post a Comment