We did so many different fun things this year to celebrate the season. We did our annual gingerbread decorating at Grandpa Tom's but this year we did trains instead of houses. Ours still fell apart. I think you really just need to use glue instead of frosting. Frosting never holds hard enough.
Another day during the week the girls and I went to the Anderson's to have some fun. The kids decorated ice cream cones to look like Christmas trees. I think Pinterest made me have higher expectations. I forget how little the girls still are. Kate's tree turned out awesome though.
Kyler's hands turned red from rubbing them in sprinkles. I think he had a good time though.
One day I'll get Brooklyn to smile for the camera. Usually she just gives me a scowl.
While the kids did their activity, Sam and I made some fudge to hand out to neighbors. I had honestly never made fudge before but it was super easy and I got our neighbors gifts passed out the first week of December!
For one of our FHE activities with Grandma Bonnie and Grandpa Jim, the girls decorated handprint Christmas trees. The handprint is actually Keith's since his hand was larger.
One can never have too much glitter.
I also made my nephews a snow man kit this year. I really only had to make the bag. The rest I was able to collect from the dollar store and craft store.
Santa showed up at our ward part this year. Kate loved it. She was practically first in line. Megan huddled up with me and wouldn't let go. Maybe next year she'll go up to him.
Kate was very interested in Santa this year. I think she wrote him about 4 different letters. After already mailing one letter to Santa, she requested a second letter. I told her if she wanted to earn a second stamp she had to write Santa herself. I wrote it down on a separate piece of paper and she copied it onto her envelope.
We've also spent some time in the snow this season. It's become our ritual to go play in the snow and then come inside and enjoy marshmallows and hot chocolate. I think they mostly just eat the marshmallows.
We failed to get many pictures of Christmas itself. Christmas Eve was spent with the Tom Dearden's this year. We enjoyed a yummy turkey dinner at Dad's and then the girls played until their hearts content. Aunt Hayley wasn't feeling very well but she was still a trooper and played with the girls. Then the 4 of us opened our gifts since we weren't going to be there on Christmas day.
We spent Christmas Eve night at the Hadlow's since we were to be with them Christmas morning. The girls were all tucked in just after 8:30 but after several knocks on the door needing one thing or another, the girls finally quieted down around 11 and were up bright and early at 7. I think Kate is at an age were she fully understands Christmas and is too darn excited. I think Christmas Eve will be the shortest night all year for us for the next several years. Up late and up early.
After a few hours of enjoying their presents at the Hadlow's we went back home to the Joys and finished Christmas up there. We were all spoiled with toys, clothes, games, crayons, coloring books, shoes, and the list goes on. Kate's big Santa gift was a new two wheel bike with training wheels and Megan's was a grocery cart filled with play groceries. She loves to push the strollers around the house. What's one more thing to ding up the wall and baseboards right?
Grandma Joy made these cute pillow loungers. Another Pinterest idea. The girls love them. Anytime they watch a movie we have to roll out their lounger.
The week after Christmas we have just been dumped on by the snow. The girls have loved it. We've gone out a few times and played. It's made me realize I have ZERO snow attire. Not even a good pair of snow boots.




















0 comments:
Post a Comment