Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Kate Quotes

I need to do a better job at writing down the funny and cute things my kids do.

Today at dinner I asked Kate to eat a strawberry. Kate started to repeatedly shout, "No, No No!"

Keith then tells Kate, "Kate, we do NOT shout at our Mother."

Kate then looks over at me and gives me THE MOST adorable face and says, "Sorry Mother." Without even being asked to say sorry. Kate then opens her arms and I have to get up from the table and walk over to her and give her a hug! How could you not give a hug after that!

Later she was sticking her fingers in her beans and I ask, "Kate are you making a mess?" Kate says, "No, I'm making a happy cake."

Twice today Kate has also come up behind me and just out of the blue hugged my leg and said "I love you."

Moments like these make it all worth it.

3 comments:

Chris and Jamie said...

how sweet! Just goes to prove that even if they don't listen all the time, they still hear what they're being taught. You are both awesome parents and a great example to others.

Anonymous said...

Green bean cake huh? Don't ever let her cook for you.

Bonnie and Jim said...

I have noticed how lovey she has been lately. You are so right; those are the times you have to take advantage of. She is so adorable, and I agree; the two of you are terrific parents!