Saturday, August 27, 2011

Potty Training

We finally had success with potty training Kate. She has been diaper free (except for bedtime) all week long with maybe only 3 accidents! We've had a couple other attempts over the last 9 months with no success. I knew she was finally ready when she would come to me immediately after peeing in her diaper and saying she needed to pee. She would walk over to me as if she wet her pants too. Honestly it wasn't that hard. I think it's only a struggle if the child really isn't ready to do it. The first two days we didn't leave the house and about once an hour we would take a potty break together. Mommy would be on the big potty and Kate would sit on the little potty. After that we started asking her if she needed to go. For the most part if she said "no," she didn't need to and she would sometimes say yes so we'd still go together. The last couple of days she's actually starting to say when she needs to go too. The other day she actually ran in there and closed the door, when my mom tried to help her she said, "leave me alone, I need to go pee pee." I didn't think she was actually going to do it but I went in a couple minutes later and sure enough she had done it herself! I was so proud. It's so weird changing diapers on only one child.

0 comments: