Saturday October 3rd, Keith, my dad and I all ran the first annual Utah Half Marathon. Little did I know it was mostly uphill when we signed up. We started by the court house building on about State St and 400 South in SLC and ventured almost to Hogle Zoo. We then went East and North to eventually meet up with the trail that encircles City Creek Park/Memory Grove. Then we ran around the Capitol, a little through the Avenues and made our way back to where we started.
I used a different energy supplement before the race so by mile 5 my stomach was not having fun. After visits to the Honey Bucket at miles, 5.5, 7.5, and about 9 I was back on track. I finished at 2:06 and Keith and dad finished at 2:09. Keith was maybe twenty seconds ahead of dad. For how much of an incline we had, I think we all rocked it.
Wednesday, October 17, 2012
Utah Half Marathon
Posted by Sara Hadlow at 10:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







0 comments:
Post a Comment