Okay not really 9 - 5 but I am working. I am now officially a Davis School District Employee. I work as a Reading Tutor Monday through Thursday for one hour a day. I work from about 12:45-1:45 so our schedule hasn't changed much. The girls get to enjoy spending time with Aunt Jamie on Mondays, Grandma Joy on Tuesdays and Thursdays and Daddy on Wednesdays.
The pay is probably the smallest paycheck in paycheck history but I'm not doing it for the money. I don't know about other stay at home moms but I get SO STINKIN' BORED! I love my kids and I know it's the best thing for me to be there for them but seriously, 12 hours straight gets old some days. Its kinda nice that it's in the middle of the day actually. It breaks up the day for me. We still have our usual morning of: breakfast, girls shower and get ready, go running (or preschool for Kate), back home, play for the girls while I get ready, then lunch. At that time I then usually have to jet off to the school for an hour. Then our afternoon is full of playing, movies, errands, dinner prep, endless housework etc.
I absolutely love it and right now I'm totally regretting majoring in Communication instead of Elementary Education like I had planned on all through High School and my first year of college. I just let substituting scare me off and to be honest life got in the way. Who knew you'd need to work full time when you don't live at home, right? :) I did love my Communication degree but I guess I always knew teaching was a better option for me if I wanted to work and have kids.
For now tutoring works for me and I love it and the girls are handling 4 hours a week just fine. When the girls are more established in their own school I may find a way to be more involved in the education world. I know there are options to still get my teaching license. We'll see what happens.
Thursday, October 4, 2012
Workin' 9 to 5
Posted by Sara Hadlow at 3:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment