Monday, March 5, 2012

D.C. & Charlottesville,VA

My Mom and I went to visit Mallory, Dustin, and Bryson over Bryson's 3rd Birthday a couple of weeks ago. We flew into D.C. on Wednesday February 22nd. We arrived at about 11 pm so we headed straight to the hotel where Mallory and Bryson were already sleeping. The next morning I was able to go for a short run around Arlington area while everyone else got ready and then I came back to get ready so we could head out to see some sights. I've never been to DC area and would love to go back to spend more time. We really only ended up spending maybe 3-4 hours checking out the sights and then we had a 3 hour drive to Charlottesville, where Mallory actually lives. We mainly saw the Washington Memorial, Lincoln Memorial, WWII Memorial and we walked past the Korean War Memorial. There was so much more I would've loved to see.

Washington Memorial in the background.

World War II Memorial
Saturday was Bryson's birthday party. He had a Pirate Mickey Mouse themed party. The first activity was to stick the eye patch on Mickey. It's hard to blind fold toddlers. They are usually wondering what the heck you are doing to them. Bryson was able to have his two cousins on Dustin's side and some other friends over for the party.

Later we played a roaring game of Hungry Hungry Hippos, a birthday gift.

Friday and Saturday I was able to go for runs through Charlottesville and learned that blocks and through streets don't exist. I seriously needed a smart phone on this trip. On Friday I was minutes away from calling Mallory to come pick me up because I had no idea where I was and couldn't find my way back to the main road I had started on. Luckily a few more minutes of running and a right turn (instead of going left) I was able to find my way back.

It was a low key trip. Mallory is about 8 weeks pregnant so she was often feeling nauseous.

0 comments: