Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Summer Fun

Summer is in full swing here. Kate only has two more weeks of preschool and ballet. Ballet does go through the summer but we're not sure of the schedule yet. I know it's only two days a week but I have to be honest. I'm looking forward to not having to get up and ready and to school by 9 am on Tuesdays and Thursdays anymore. I have no problem waking up at 8 (that's our normal wake up time) but the whole dressed and everybody out the door within an hour is rough some days.

The girls have very much enjoyed gardening and getting the yard ready for the summer season with Grandma and Grandpa Joy. That is one thing we love about living here. They have a very nice back yard that gives me and the girls LOTS to do. We feed the fish, feed the chickens, collect the eggs, water the plants, have picnics and eat popsicles on the deck. Or just play on the grass in the shade. The girls have also learned to watch out for dog poop!


 The other day I let them run a bit before we started our morning run. Generally we drive down to the West Bountiful Trail. I hate running with the stroller on the sidewalks. There are so many bumps with uneven sidewalks and up and down off the curbs. The trail is nice and smooth.

Our cute Megan watering the plants for Grandma. Kate was off on a trip to the dump with Grandpa so Megan had full ownership of the watering can. Luckily when Kate came back they had stopped at Lowe's and picked up a second yellow and pink watering can.

We've learned pretty fast that what one has the other has to have too. Sometimes sharing one item is just not enough.

0 comments: