Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Tantrum City

I have been trying to upload a video for weeks and I'll try for hours at a time. But I've decided to give up so you only get the written words and not the awesome video that shows you what I mean...

We've all heard the phrase, "The Terrible Two's." I've also heard, if the 2's are good than the 3's are bad and if the 2's are bad than the 3's are good. I believe it. The 2's were awesome. We loved the age 2-3. But then that 3rd birthday rolled around with Kate and my sweet, loving, obedient angel was replaced with a growling, angry, disobedient little devil....that I still love to death of course. There are many times where she is still sweet and loving but more often than not she's fighting me on everything and throwing tantrums and just pushing the limits. She is doing things that she knows is wrong like writing on walls or taking her gum out of her mouth and wiping it all over her pants and car seat (after she's been told a million times to leave it in her mouth) or pinching me in the face when its time to go to bed (after I've let her stay up an extra hour watching Dora on my phone in my bed). I tell her things over and over and over again and she won't do what I ask or she throws tantrums over every little thing. I used to be able to say no to things and she would accept that answer and move on to something else. Now when I say no, she throws the biggest fit and keeps pushing it (example above). Just trying to complete simple tasks like getting ready for the day can feel like a battle. I hope this phase doesn't last very long. Before I know it Megan will be right there joining in and we'll have a full on rebellion on our hands.

0 comments: