We've been having regular Family Home Evenings with Jim and Bonnie every Monday night for the last year. For anybody who attempts FHE with toddlers you know its a struggle and the lessons are literally minutes long. This is what FHE looks like when they're in the mood to listen:

Kate has been doing better lately. A light clicked on in my head several weeks ago. Previously our lessons were more about behavior and commandments like "Prayer" and "Scriptures" or "obeying your parents", things like that. I couldn't get the song "Book of Mormon Stories" out of my head one day and I thought, why don't we start teaching the stories. Maybe she'll do better when it's a story of an event and people. So I started in 1 Nephi and for the last several weeks we've taught them about Nephi and Lehi and his family leaving Jerusalem to go live in the wilderness and getting the plates from Laban. We've talked about Lehi's dream and Nephi's broken bow and tonight Keith taught about Nephi making the boat. Hopefully over time and repeating these stories over and over again things will start to stick and they'll learn to love these stories.






1 comments:
I think they are doing better since the stories, but these pictures make me laugh. They are so fun.
Post a Comment