Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Me so sleepy

Yet again I gave birth to a child who doesn't sleep. I think I average 2-3 hours, maybe 4 if I'm lucky, of sleep in a 24 hour period. Mind you this is generally broken into 2 or 3 different periods. The longest stretch Megan can do is 4 hours and of course its never at night and it usually only happens once. I swear more often than not she wants to eat every 2 hours or for some reason or another she's just fussy and awake ALL.NIGHT.LONG! Last night at about 3am I decided I'd had enough and went crying to Keith to deal with Megan. Things finally got better with Kate a week before she turned 4 months old. I hope Megan figures it out sooner. Otherwise, don't expect much conversation from me until January. And if I seem moody and suddenly break out into tears for no apparent reason, just know I'm sleep deprived and thinking about all my sleepless nights ahead.

5 comments:

Bonnie and Jim said...

I think you are handling it very well. You always look great. Hang in - it will get better. I'm here to help when you need it.

Joyous Journal said...

I too am here for you. Do you need to go to a hotel and I stay over at your place?

Chris and Jamie said...

Or since Kate sleeps through the night just fine, you can just bring Megan over here for a sleepover at her favorite aunt & uncle's house! Granted, that offer is only valid on the weekend, but it is sincere.

Jana said...

Wish I lived closer so I could take those two beautiful girls of yours, I would love it. Hope sleep comes your way soon.

Kim Lloyd said...

Sara- I am totally serious about this. Bring your girls over here (we just live 5 min away) for a morning, and you can go home and sleep! Let Kate play with Lexie, and I'll enjoy Megan! I am serious!