I'm hoping this is a normal trait of toddlers and I'm hoping it doesn't last very long but Miss Kate has become quite a bossy little girl. She is constantly telling people (Megan and Me mostly) what to do or what not to do. Example: Several weeks ago we were at my moms house swinging and I was pushing Kate in the swing. She usually likes to be pushed from the front, maybe so she can see whoever is pushing her. I think I was sitting in a lawn chair pushing her from the front and decided to stand up to push her. She quickly tells me, "No Mommy, sit down!" So I say, "well aren't you Miss Bossy Boss!" She then responds, "I'm not Bossy Boss, I'm Kate!" She says that to everything. It's cute but sometimes makes it hard to have a conversation. You can say anything and she'll respond with, "I'm not (fill in the blank), I'm Kate!" I can ask her if she's hungry and she'll say, "I'm not hungry, I'm Kate." In the car she'll even object when I change radio stations or turn the radio off altogether. Yesterday she actually said, "I need it louder." She used to be better at saying please and thank you. Nowadays I think she's forgotten what she's supposed to say and just says 'you're welcome' instead of thank you. I will also admit there have been times where she is demanding I do something and I refuse and it brings her to tears. The other day she was adamant about me putting on her plastic dress up shoes and didn't understand that they didn't fit my feet, I would break them if I tried and I wasn't going to wear them. She followed me around the house yelling at me to wear it until I finally took it and just put it in my pocket.
Even with the bossiness though this has been our favorite stage so far. Babies are cute but Keith and I both like the fun we can have with Kate.
Sunday, June 12, 2011
Miss Bossy Boss
Posted by Sara Hadlow at 3:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
I would have to agree - she is at a very fun age and I look forward to hearing the new things she comes up with.
She's a girl who knows what she wants and how she wants it. Maybe she will grow up writing a book about How to be Assertive by Two!
I agree its cute until you're the one she's telling no, sit down.
Post a Comment