Monday, April 16, 2012

Nephew #2


Mallory and Dustin are expecting baby boy #2 in September. I started this a while ago but then went through a period where I was not motivated to sew at all. Then we found out it was a boy and I picked it up again and finished it this week. This is probably the most time consuming quilt I have ever done. So many cuts, so many squares. I told Mallory she can't ever get rid of this bad boy. I still have to figure out what fabric I want for the back and binding and I need to get it quilted. I'll probably have the quilter follow the lines of the zig zag stripes. I'm also thinking of using blue for the back and maybe yellow or orange for the binding or maybe yellow or orange for the back and blue for the binding...not sure. Need to take a venture through the fabric store.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't buy the back until we are for sure it's a boy. I'm still not 100% convinced.