So I've been a total slacker the last couple of weeks and haven't posted anything. I've been a little under the weather and I haven't had much energy lately. When I'm not at work I'm pretty much in bed. The bad news is this could last a few more weeks (or months heaven forbid) but the good news is Keith and I will have an addition to our family when it's all over! We went to our first prenatal appt on Friday. All is well. We are 9 weeks along and due December 19th. I'm hoping it comes a couple weeks early, the 19th is a little too close to Christmas.
To be honest I'm not having fun. I'm nauseous 24/7 and I only find relief when I'm sleeping. I'm not throwing up but I'm not really able to eat anything either. Any smell makes me sick, I take a few bites of something and I can't eat anymore. But then, on top of being nauseous I'm starving because I'm not really eating but I can't eat because nothing sounds good or the smell just makes me sick. It's a vicious cycle I'm praying will end soon. Keith is great, he tries so hard to find me stuff that I can eat and pretty much waits on me hand and foot.
Why would anybody due this more than once?!?!:)
Monday, May 19, 2008
Slacking...but I have an excuse
Posted by Sara Hadlow at 10:56 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





7 comments:
ummm you will do this again. Also no being boring while you are out here. You can sleep on the train as we go into the city or the car whenever we are on the go!
Congratulations guys! I had heard you were having a hard time. I hope it gets better. I had a friend who was sick until she stopped taking prenatal vitamins. weird.
We're excited for you! first great grandkids of the Deardens! (yours and Brenikey's that is)
Hey, as Mike tells me Every Day, YOU'RE PREGNANT! Don't feel bad about being tired. You're expected to be.
There's something to be said for stopping the prenatal vitamins.It helped me a lot. Vivian said it's fine as long as you take folic acid.
My Dr. told me that you don't need to worry too much about eating in the first trimester, your body will crave what it needs later when you're not so miserable. He said to just make sure you drink a lot of water. That was a huge comfort cuz food was a four letter word to me.
I was lucky to have all the crappy feelings go away at 10 weeks. I hope the same happens for you.
What Dr. to you see?
I see Dr Cynthia Cannon at the Avenue Women's Clinic
Gee Mallory, you're so sympathetic, I hope you are sick the whole time when you get pregnant!
Congratulations, I'm so excited for you! Can't wait to meet the little one:)
Sara, you will forget all the pain and discomfort that you will have during the next few months once they place that baby in your arms. There is no better joy than that!
Trust me, been there and done that 3 times.
Post a Comment