Thursday, May 29, 2008

Chicago Land

This past weekend Keith and I went to Chicago to see Mallory and Dustin. I was super excited to see them but I wasn't excited about flying. Overall I felt pretty well during the trip. I only puked the day we left and on the flight back.

Thursday (day 1)

Keith and I left bright and early Thursday morning only to have our flight delayed about an hour and a half. We made it to Chicago at about 1:30/2:00 I think and went to lunch with Dustin. Mallory was in class so we didn't meet up with her until a few hours later. After we got back to their super cute condo we rested for a bit until she came home. Keith and Dustin left to go to Devon's (Dustin younger brother) baseball game. Mallory and I stayed home for a bit while she made dinner for someone in her ward. After we dropped that off we caught up with the boys to see the last few minutes of the game. After the game we went back home and ate dinner and chilled and watched National Treasure 2.

Friday (day 2)

Friday Mallory, Keith and I woke up bright and early and Dustin dropped us off at the train station to catch the express train into Chicago. That was a rough ride. I sat next to a women who didn't smell very good and I think the moving around just made me sick to my stomach. Once we got across from the Sears Tower I took some Dramamine and sat for a few minutes and then I was good to go. We bought City Passes which gives you access to 5 different touristy spots. The first one was Sears Tower. It was awesome. I was a little disappointed that is was all enclosed. I had envisioned it outside like the Empire State Building but it was still really cool.

The next stop was the Field Museum...after a 45 minutes walk that nearly killed me!



The last stop was at the Shedd Aquarium; this was probably my favorite. We saw an awesome Dolphin show. I love Dolphins, I think they are the cutest animals ever! Although, Keith and I watched this show when we were on our honeymoon on the Discovery channel about dolphins who have attacked people while swimming with them. Made me a little nervous to ever swim with dolphins. Of course it was mainly these ghetto places that captured wild dolphins and didn't train them properly or treat them well.


After the aquarium we had to walk back to the train station to catch that last express home where Dustin picked us up. We rested for a bit at home and then we all went to dinner at Giordano's. It was really good, you can't find pizza like that anywhere in Utah.


Saturday (day 3)

Saturday was pretty mellow. Keith and Dustin went golfing that morning. Mallory and I slowing got ready that morning and headed to the mall for a little shopping. We even got to park in the Expectant Mother Parking Stall. It was awesome.

Later that afternoon we all headed into the city to go to the Museum of Space and Industry...




(I can't even remember what I'm standing in front of in this picture)



After the museum we walked Michigan avenue for a bit and then head to Ed Debevichs for dinner. It's this 50's style diner where they are intentionally rude to you. Keith and I were skeptical but we let Mallory lead the way and it was good food and they weren't as rude as I thought they would be.



Sunday (day 4)

Sunday was a chill day and I was ready for it. We went to church (well most of it anyway), came home rested for a bit, chilled outside while the boys tossed the football around and then came in for an awesome dinner. (I use the word awesome a lot...)

Monday (day 5)

Monday we woke up bright and early (again) and Dustin and Mallory dropped us off at the airport. The flight was hell for me, I'll say it cause it was. I did not fell well and puking in the airplane bathroom is not a fun time. Luckily I didn't have to use one of those little bags, I can't imagine that holding anything! So needless to say I spent my memorial day in bed cause I just did not feel well at all.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for coming and being such a trooper. I'm sorry that you threw up on the flight home. No more traveling for you, until the baby comes.

Daniel and Whitney said...

Did you guys go visit Keith's old mission at all?

Zack Family said...

Hey Keith and Sara! Whit told me she found your blog!! Make sure you add us to yours. We never get to see you guys. Congrats on the new baby coming!! Love you guys.

Your cousin Katie

katiezack.blogspot.com

Sara Hadlow said...

No, we didn't have much time. the two days we were in the city were packed!

Whitney - what's your blog address?