So this is a venting entry. Okay, here is the lamest task I have to do in my job. It seriously drives me insane. It is really going to make me go postal one of these days. Because of financial controls I get to log every stupid check that comes into the company into a spreadsheet. I enter the check #, who it's from and the amount. Keep in mind that we might get 30+ in a day and they don't all come at once. We get them from FedEx, the post office box and the regular mail. Plus sometimes checks are hand delivered so I could very possibly have to do this 4 different times a day. Accounting really gets annoyed if they sit in my inbox longer than 2 seconds, even though I can't always drop what I'm doing to take care of them. But I will literally have staff accountants going through my desk looking for the checks. So anyway, after I log the checks into this spreadsheet I then have to make copies of these checks and I give the copies to a staff accountant and the orginals to another accountant. The originals get prepared for a deposit...and the person who gets the copies verifies to ensure that jobs are paid on time and blah blah blah. I work in the same office area as accounting but I try not to pay too much attention to their responsibilites. What I have is enough. So anyway, I leave work at 5pm. Unlike some other work obsessed people when I go home I dont check my email and I don't care about my email. This morning I had a seminar so I didn't get into the office until about 10:30. So between 5pm and 10:30am I had received not one, but two emails from the staff accountant asking for this stupid check log for the month of April so she can reconcile the records from what we received vs. what was deposited. Um, have I been in the office since the first email? NO, so hold your freakin' horses!!! Plus on top of that. I'm trying to process payroll and that's always a nightmare as is. Seriously, you can wait a couple hours for the dang check log, it won't kill you.
Thursday, May 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
It just be a venting day! Except mine has been a week long thing.
I'm glad to see my girls don't get too overly stressed out about "stuff".
Post a Comment