
I don't post on our blog often. In fact I think it's been a year since I last posted anything. So I thought my last experience was worth blogging about. This last weekend I went down to Moab for a clinic. The doc I went down with is into biking so we took a short bike ride on some slick rock before we had to work. Turns out it was a big mistake.
While coming down the mountian I came up to a very large drop off. Instead of taking it I decided to stop at the last second. As I did this I turn the front wheel a little to make sure I stopped. Doing this my left handle bar hit the rock wall that was next to me. I thought I saw something brake off of my bike from the corner of my eye. When I looked down I found out that I was wrong. Turns out that it was my finger nail that had broken off almost completely. When we got to the hospital for the clinic I had the ER doc look at it hoping it would reattach itself but he said that wasn't possible. Next thing I know he pulled it off my finger and put a band aide on it. It's not too bad but it is hard doing the little things. Maybe next time I'll wear gloves.





9 comments:
Ouch!!!!!
I'm sorry, but that looks disgusting! Sorry that happened, hope it heals fast!
Leigh
NASTY!!! Im so sorry Keith. You have to post an updated picture later I have to see how this turns out. I'm sorry but that is NASTY looking. I hope it doesn't hurt too bad though.
OUCH! that looks disgusting! i'm sory!
Keith, that is gross looking! You are lucky you didn't injured anything else. I had a friend whose nephew 'just took a final spin' on a motorcycle on some dunes and went over a drop off-- of course he wasn't wearing a helmet. Now he's in the hospital with serious head trauma. Take care of yourself, I kinda like you to stay in the family.
Glad you are safe but next time warn people before putting such a gross pic on :) I just about lost my dinner :)
Are you kidding me? OUCH, my stomach is hurting just looking at it. I hope it heals soon. Love ya
It looks worse than it did on Sunday, Keith. It makes me hurt just looking at it. I'm glad you came back in one piece. Love you
Holy crap, seriously gross... I don't think I'm cut out for a life in the medical field.
Post a Comment