Thursday, May 7, 2009

two left feet and half asleep

so last night kate woke at about 5:30am so i did the usual diaper change and feeding and headed back to the kitchen after i laid her down again. our house is split level so the upstairs bedrooms and bath are about 6 or 7 stairs up from the kitchen/living room level. i thought i was at the last step and turned to head towards the kitchen and realized that wasn't the last step. i quickly fell to my hands and knees and slid about a foot once i hit the smooth linoleum in the kitchen. luckily i didn't get too hurt. just a sore wrist, a knee and my back hurt for a bit as i was climbing back into bed. my sweet husband was only semi conscience from the noise i made and asks, "did you hurt your toe?" i'm assuming he thought i stubbed it. i found it to be a really funny question at 5:30 in the morning, especially when my toe had nothing to do with it. 

2 comments:

Bonnie and Jim said...

I'm glad you're ok. Stumbles give your heart a jump start and really wakes you up. You need one of our illuminators you plug into the outlet. It lights up just enough to see where you are going.

Joyous Journal said...

I hope you are ok. I hate to see you come to my work not to visit me, but a therapist! I agree with Bonnie, get a night light for right there. I've got an extra one...