Saturday, May 2, 2009

10 years

this summer keith and i both have our 10 year high school reunions. i for one will not be going. lets just say high school sucked for me, it was not the time of my life and i hate reminiscing about it. i think reunions are designed for a very select group of people. i'm not in that group of people. why do i want to go back and socialize with people i never socialized with while we were in high school, never talked to while we were in high school, never hung out with while in high school and pretend like either one of us actually cares what the other one has been up to for the past 10 years. i see it as a get together where everyone can compare who has the highest level of education, who went to the most prestigious college or university, who has the hottest spouse and the cutest kids and the most expensive clothes and car and house. i still keep in touch with my closest friends that i actually did hang out with in high school so i don't need no stinkin' reunion to catch up with "friends". 


ps i already know i have the hottest spouse and the cutest kid anyway, so i wouldn't want to make anybody else feel bad.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your p.s.

Cherice said...

ditto

Unknown said...

ha i'm pretty sure thats how i'll feel about my ten year reunion too.

Jana said...

Yeah Sara, the 10 year everybody is still trying to out due everyone there, the people that I really cared to see were never there, but I have more fun going to Lynns I hung out with alot of his class, I love your ps, but I do like to take Lynn and make people feel bad and say naner naner look who Lynn married, me and not you, especially to all those who were so rude to me, hehe.

Brooks and Mandy said...

AMEN!!! Hated highschool, never have and never will go to a reunion. I am glad to know i am not the only one who feels this way!

Bonnie and Jim said...

Sara, You are the BEST!!!!

Joyous Journal said...

You go girl! Why bothering comparing when nobody else compares to what you've got!