So since blogs seem to be primarily my hobby in our family I thought I would update you all on Keith's world.
Keith continues to work for IHC doing Cardiac Sonographer. Some days he enjoys his job and some days he probably wants to walk off the job and move onto something else. He has a friend who does some sort of sales rep type thing with pacemakers (I could be way off, but this is my understanding). Keith is really interested in doing that as well but it's a tough position to get into and not a lot of openings in Utah. His friend started off in Oklahoma and they have been out there a year and are scheduled to move back to the SLC area the first of November. I told Keith that if we HAVE to move so he can progress career wise I will but not until we're done having babies. I cringe at the idea of going through the birth of a new baby and the first few months (or year) without much family support. My sister does it and it doesn't sound like my cup of tea. We're hoping that with his friend moving back to the area and being in the field it might open some doors for him. Say what you will about Utah but I for one love this state and don't want to ever leave. I like my protected bubble in Davis County.
He is still over the Deacons/Scouts in our ward and enjoys it. He's missed some of the camps this summer due to work. He's been able to enjoy other activities like mud football which he totally cut up his feet because everyone decided to play barefoot since their shoes would just slip right off.
He's started running like me which I enjoy. I like having someone to talk to about it and we can share ideas and playlists and things like that. On Sept. 12th West Bountiful is having a 5k which we are going to do. I think both of us have the goal to do a half marathon sometime (not sure when). I don't know that I'll ever get to a marathon. It'd take me about 5-6 hours to finish 26.2 miles and that's so long to be running.





5 comments:
Thank you for the update, I know I see Keith often but sometimes we don't talk nescessarily about his job or what's going on in YMs.It's good to keep us informed of other interests so we can support both of you in your running.
If you just moved away for a year that would be totally doable. Maybe you could come here! It's not that bad doing it alone. I definitely rely on ward members a lot. My friends are my family. I don't know what I'd do without them. Plus, Mom and Dad would come and visit like they visit me. Then again that might mean they'll visit me less. :)
I agree about Utah. People are always dissin on the Utah, and I find myself getting defensive a lot.
for a half marathon, I'd totally recommend the Moab half. It's a gorgeous route! It's a bit hilly, but really mostly downhill. and It's an excuse for a quick get away to the red rock. It's always in March, which is a nice time of year down there. Not hot hat all. in fact, when my dad, your dad, and I did it, we huddled together at the start to keep warm.
Congrats on your run! I was thinking about all day that day wondering how you did! I think I am going to do the West Bountiful 5K also. I haven't talked Warren into running yet.
Thanks for the update. Keith never really talks much about whats going on in his life. I too am hoping doors will open without a move.
I'm glad the two of you are running together and have a common interest. Keep it up!!!
Post a Comment