Megan started eating oatmeal today. I guess guidelines have changed since Kate was a baby and the pediatrician had us start with wheat oatmeal instead of rice cereal. The idea is to combat childhood obesity and to emphasize protein rather than carbs. The other theory is that waiting too long to introduce food will cause more allergic reactions instead of the opposite. So once she's figured out the spoon we can dive into fruits, vegetables and meats. He even wants us to introduce eggs between 6 and 8 months old. These are pictures of her first meal with a spoon. She did really well...but she has always been a good eater. Hence the 93% on weight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
What a cutie! She sure makes you smile. I love good eaters.
She is growing so fast, what a sweetie she's beautiful.
I took Emmry in for her 4 month and my Dr. said to wait on the cereal for another month or so.....everyone is diff. I guess
Post a Comment