Thursday, January 20, 2011

Sad Day in the Hadlow House

Keith and I have had a dream for over a year to build a home in our current ward. After going through several homes we landed on the perfect one several months ago. We both stare at it all the time and I've envisioned us living in it. Holidays, birthdays, playing in the back yard. I even picked out how I would decorate Kate and Megan's room. I would've had a craft room plus a bonus room for all the exercise equipment. Our plan was to sale in April, move in with Keith's parents for a bit to save some money and while we build, and then live in our perfect dream house until we're old and grey. After meeting with a realtor yesterday and today our dream was crushed. Because of the stupid economy, we owe more than the house would be appraised for. After our realtor left, I cried and Keith went to go get ice cream.

4 comments:

Bonnie and Jim said...

Don't give up, miracles happen. In time things will pick up. The two of you are very wise and opportunities will come.

Anonymous said...

I fill your pain. Not so much that we have a dream to build, but we want to get rid of our condo and there is no way we can. It's about the same for what we would have to fork out. Maybe you could rent it out and live with bonnie and jim and that would save you money and then maybe in a year you could sell and buy a lot and etc. Something to consider if you really want it.

Jana said...

How sad, I know you guys really wanted a new home. Hang in there things will turn around, never give up on your dream.

Joyous Journal said...

I agree with all of the above. Do not give up on that dream. Things may be just postpone for a bit but it could happen. Patience will be a major factor here for now, but don't give up your dreams.