Tuesday, May 24, 2011

8 Months Old





So I'm about a week late in posting. Since I received Photoshop for Mother's Day I've been neglecting blogging and I've been focusing more on digital scrap booking and creating invitations for some baby showers I'm hosting this summer. Anyway...

Megan is now 8 months old and getting cuter (if that's possible). The little stinker still prefers her back but I continue to make her play on her tummy. I even try to entice her by putting toys a little out of her reach to see if she'll start to crawl. She does get a leg up as if she's going to push off but then I think she gets bored and either puts it back down or just rolls over onto her back. She has the cutest smile and she does this bashful thing sometimes when people (mainly me and Keith) smile and look at her. She'll smile back but she kind of buries her face into her shoulder or looks down. It's hard to describe but it's really adorable. She loves to click her tongue and jabber. Sometimes I totally feel like she's trying to say something to me.

Sleeping is pretty good...I guess. I'm ignoring her more during the night simply because I think she's waking out of habit. When we do get up with her she doesn't eat much. If she starts to fuss I just click the monitor off and then turn it back on 10-15 minutes later. 99% of the time she's quiet again but I do end up getting up with her once a night. Sometimes its 2 am, sometimes its 5am, sometimes its even 7am. Heck, the girl is 21 lbs, she doesn't need to eat at night! So for the most part she sleeps from 8pm - 8am with 2 naps during the day. They generally happen at about 10am or 11 am and then 2pm or 3pm, depending on when she wakes from her last sleep period.

She's learning the ropes around here and is usually very content in the stroller or the bike trailer. They both can last about an hour in either one, which is a great workout when you're pushing or pulling that much weight. Side note: we weighed the girls the other day. Megan is 21lbs and Kate is 26lbs. If the rain would ever go away we'd make it outside more. There are still days I have to use the treadmill and I pretty much have to drag myself through every step.

Megan's hair is getting thicker and longer which makes me excited! I've actually been successful at putting barrettes in it! Her head shape has improved a LOT and honestly if you didn't know it was a concern you probably wouldn't really notice anything at this point. There's just a tiny spot in the back that needs to round out but her hair will totally cover it if it never fixes itself.

I'm still amazed that we have two kids. I can still say it's easier than I expected it to be but than again Megan isn't mobile yet. I may change my mind on that when I have to track down two kids. I'm so glad she joined our family 8 months ago.

4 comments:

Joyous Journal said...

And she is one of the cutest grand daughters that I have. I've seen that same bashfulness when she's with Steve and I. She's got such a wonderful personality, very easy going and happy. Not noisey happy, just content!
I'm glad she's a part of your family too.

Bonnie and Jim said...

She can totally win you over with that smile. I love how easy going she is. What a precious gift. I can't believe at time that I have two grand-daughters. It is truly a great blessing.

Brooks and Mandy said...

Baby Neagan is such a Cutie! Brax talks about her often! I cant believe how fast time flies with these little ones!

Cherice said...

seriously where did the time go?!?!? crazy!
I will ask you again how things are going when megan starts to crawl and walk :)