Monday, April 27, 2009

the crib bumper comes off


our little girl has become a roller. almost as soon as i lay her down on her back she immediately rolls to her tummy. the problem is...she can't roll back. once she's on her tummy, she's stuck. silly girl rolls right back to her tummy if you put her back on her back though. well today she was actually taking a nap (shock i know), and i go into her room after an hour and a half just to check on her and she is on her tummy at the very edge of the mattress with her face buried into the crib bumper. i panic for a minute thinking she's suffocating herself but realize she's still breathing (thank goodness). i gently try and scoot her more towards the middle without waking her up so she can breath better. just as i knew she would, she woke up about 10 minutes later, at that point i pulled the bumper out of the crib. now it looks so bare!

4 comments:

Chris and Jamie said...

So the question is...is a crib bumper a necessity or a novelty?

Sara Hadlow said...

i don't know, now that i took it off i'm worried about her little feet getting stuck between the bars...???

Joyous Journal said...

It always seems that there is something to worry the parents. Is that a test or nervousness I wonder? Any way I know with each of you kids there was always a time or two where I was worried that you weren't breathing because of either a very long nap or you were sleeping so soundly that I could hardly detect your breathing rhythm or sound. I still haven't seen her roll on her own to this day!!

Bonnie and Jim said...

I think your mom is right. There will always be something to worry about. They keep us on our toes.