So this may become irrelevant if we have a girl but I thought I would throw this out there. Keith and I both like the name James Thomas for a boy. James is his father's name and Thomas is my father's name so it also has sentimental meaning. But....we also like the name Jack James. I'm hesitant about it for two reasons, 1) we drop the name Thomas and lose the sentimental value of half the name and 2) because if we went that way our two kids would be named Jack and Kate...and people might think we're really super LOST freaks. However since the show is in its last season people may not even connect it to LOST. Although James is technically Sawyers name...everybody just calls him Sawyer so I don't think people would make a connection to LOST. Should I care where the names come from?
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Boy Name
What do you think? James Thomas or Jack James?
BTW, we really aren't THAT obsessed with the show, we just hear names and we like them. It's not like we sit around going through all the names of the characters on the show determined to use one for our child....there isn't a Megan on the show and that's what our girl name is.
Posted by Sara Hadlow at 2:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





7 comments:
I think it should be James not Jack. However, now you have to think about the fact that there would be 2 Jim Hadlows. So I would go with Thomas James. Also, not that this has ANY impact on you, but if you go with James Thomas, I would have 2 nephews named James born in September.
Ultimately, I think you name your child/ren whatever YOU want because they're YOUR kids and it's really the only time you have complete control of them! :)
Never have watched LOST so I never put those together. Even if people did, like you said, the show would be long gone b the time he/she is here and it wouldn't even matter.
Let's put it this way, in twenty years no one will remember Lost or make the association. Mal's name came from the TV show Family Ties and no one really knows that.
I have a cute little boy in my primary class named Jack. Simple but strong. Keith would be the only one in his family with 5 letters and you, Kate and (if its Jack) would be four! Just an observation...
I like James Thomas.
I've always loved Jack. But James is cute too. Can't go wrong w either . Maybe decide when you see that cute face. That's what we did.
Wow Kate is so big now!!!! Congratulations on the upcoming arrival!!!!!!
Post a Comment