Sunday, February 27, 2011

Ouch!

Yesterday we were leaving Sports Authority. Keith was putting Megan in the car and I was "trying" to buckle Kate in the car. Kate is usually fascinated with anything and everything she can find in the car and entertains herself. Saturday she wanted "my umbella! my umbella!" So I'm trying to put the seat belt over her shoulders and she keeps leaning to grab the umbrella that's on the seat bench between her and Megan. Next thing I know the handle of the umbrella slams into my nose and I can't even finish buckling her in. I start crying and walk around the back of the car the same time Keith finishes with Megan and starts walking around the back of the car. Keith doesn't know what happened, all he knows is I'm in tears and all I can say is, "I can't, you have to buckle her in." I cried and I cried hard, it hurt SO BAD! She hit me right between the eyes. It's red and a little swollen but it doesn't look nearly as bad as it felt and as bad as it still feels to the touch.

2 comments:

Bonnie and Jim said...

I didn't notice a bruise Saturday, so that's good, but that is such a tender spot. Ouchhhhh

Anonymous said...

That's about how it was when Bryson slammed into my nose. It hurt for a few days. But it never looked as bad as it hurt.