So I haven't even done my half marathon (13.1 miles) yet and I've decided I no longer want to do my goal of 50 marathons by the time I turn 50. My current running schedule is 3-4 miles a day Monday through Thursday, 1 mile warm up on Friday and then I'm up to 10 miles on Saturday for a total of about 23-24 miles per week. Right now I enjoy it but I've realized that if I push it too far, it will become a chore and my love for running will quickly vanish. I'm excited to do my half and my long Saturday runs are enjoyable but I can't imagine training like this or running more miles than I already am each week for the next 20 years. I still want to do at least one full marathon (26.2 miles) so I can at least say I've done one. Less than 2% of the population has participated in a marathon and I want to be part of that 2%.
Saturday, February 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comments:
I have faith in you Sara. I miss running so bad. Enjoy it all you can before you body wears out.
Post a Comment