Megan does not sleep from 8 pm - 6 am 50% of the time. It's more like 10% of the time. The other 90% of the time I'm still waking up twice. She goes to bed about 8pm along with Kate and then she'll wake the first time usually around 12 or 1 am. She then wakes again around 5 or 6 and then again for good around 8 or 9 am. She falls asleep fast at bedtime and almost always eats, burps and falls back to sleep within 20 or 30 minutes. She's usually very happy at 8 or 9 am when she wakes for good. Most of the time I hear her coos and babbles instead of a cry that she's awake. Though it's improvement since birth I'm still very tired and want 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep. Even with oatmeal and 8 oz of a bottle she still will wake at 3 or 4 am to eat again. I'll give her until 6 months old, at that point if she doesn't improve we are using the cry it out method. Every book says that once a baby is about 11 or 12 pounds they don't need to eat at night and are most likely doing it out of habit, not that they're really hungry. Megan is probably 13 or 14 pounds by now so she doesn't need to eat during the night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment