So I realized I mostly post my marathon information on Facebook and some of you don't Facebook. My training is going okay. Honestly I'll be glad when it's over and as of right now I probably don't plan to do another one again. As someone with young kids it's hard to find the time to train and if I don't train I stress because then I feel like I'm going in this ill-prepared. So far I've been able to work my way up to 20 miles. It took about 3 hours and 50 minutes so I'm honestly looking at a 5 hour marathon. I am hoping for a little better than that. 4:30 or 4:45 would be nice but we'll see how the day goes. It's October 8th and it starts at 7 am so I'm hoping for some very cool weather. The heat of the summer has pushed me indoors (since I refuse to wake before the sun to go run for hours on end). When I did my 20 mile training run I ran it in the gym. Thats like 180 times around the track. So I'm also hoping the adrenaline of the day and the crowd and being outdoors pushes me to go a little faster. I still love running but I think half-marathons fit better into my life and schedule.
Monday, September 12, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
after training and running the Moab half, I knew that I'd probably never run a marathon. Thirteen miles is fun, and the training is doable. But double it? I just think the risk of injury is too great and it just wouldn't be as fun. So I'm with you there.
I don't even know if I could do a half. I just don't love running that much. I'm just getting out of a funk of not running, but I'm getting up at 6:15 to go because it's too hot and my friend and I can go without the boys.
Post a Comment