Monday, September 26, 2011

RS Broadcast

I consider this blog my way of journaling yet I forget to write down the most important stuff...the spiritual stuff. Probably because I don't want to get too deep, I try to keep it light and interesting about all the fun we're having.


Mom and I attended the RS Broadcast this past Saturday and I very much enjoyed Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf's talk. I think I prefer when the speakers get a little more specific. I felt like Sister Beck's talk was a little too general and just trying to remind us why Relief Society is important. Maybe some people need to hear that message and that's fine, it's good to be reminded why Relief Society is important. I think I'm beyond that and I'm more interested in being counseled on specific things that the women of the church deal with on a daily basis or things that are going on specifically in the world today that we need to be guided and directed on.

I love it when we get to see a humorous side of the Prophet or the Apostles. It reminds me that these men are human just like me and they aren't perfect and stoic like they sometimes seem. I guess I look to the talks from conference as a little boost of energy. I like to leave with feelings of empowerment and a renewed sense of devotion to striving to be the best I can be in all aspects of life.

0 comments: