Saturday, September 8, 2012

Disneyland 2012

On Friday August 31 we woke up bright and early to catch an 8:30 flight to the happiest place on Earth. The girls did awesome on the flight. It was their first time flying and they both loved it. Kate was so excited. The only issue we had in the beginning was that they both wanted to look out the window. So after a large outburst and some looks, Megan went to go sit on Uncle Chris' lap because Keira didn't seem to care about looking out the window.





 I can't imagine doing a longer flight with children though. Kudos to my sister who endures 4+ hours traveling with Bryson. The girls bounced around from person to person a lot and for the most part we kept them entertained. The landing was a little rough. I think the lower elevation hurt their ears a lot more. We had some tears but we also had gum and sippy cups to try to help out.

We arrived in California and made our way to the hotel. Since it was only 10:00/11:00 in the morning we weren't able to check in so we headed across the street to Disneyland!!

These pictures aren't necessarily in order. 


Our very first ride was Peter Pan's Flight. Kate did okay but Megan cried and wanted to be held halfway through. After another ride through Pinocchio we realized dark rides weren't really the way to go. Kate asked to go home on Pinocchio. Plus those rides are super loud. Holy deaf batman. Turn it down!






Half of the group went on an adult ride and Jana I took the girls over to Alice in Wonderland. They did well on that ride and then we headed to Pixie Hollow to meet Tinkerbell!! Kate was very shy meeting most of the characters and the majority of the characters Megan was very scared and as we would get closer she would arch herself away. She literally ran from Mickey (we finally saw him on the last day).


At some point we went on the Winnie The Pooh ride and it broke down just as we were coming off the ride. We had a few minutes of waiting before they would let us off.



Cars Land was awesome. I think it was the favorite area. That and Bugs Land. We spent a lot of time there for the girls.


We did a few 3 D rides. This is the only split second Megan actually left the glasses on. I'm sure she was confused some of the time during the rides or shows.

The second day we ate lunch at the Blue Bayou (restaurant on the Pirates ride). Keira had turned 1 a couple weeks before and Megan turns 2 in 8 days so they brought them a little birthday treat. I love this smile. It's so cute. All these pictures are with our iphones so you have to forgive the quality.


We went on a Buzz Lightyear ride and you are shooting targets throughout the ride. It took pictures at some point and we were able to email them to ourselves. 







 I think Kate's favorite characters were Tigger, Pooh Bear and Eeyore. She actually went up to them to hug them.




 We stood in line forever to see Minnie. Kate was fine with her. Megan was not. That's why she's on my outside hip and not even happy.

Sunday was race day ( half marathon) and I'm sad to say I missed out on the entire day. About 1 am on Sunday morning I woke up with severe stomach cramps and spent the day with diarrhea and vomiting. Good times. 

Keith, Dad, Chris Doxey and his wife Ashley ran the half though and said it was a great time. 


The rest of the day Keith spent in the park with the girls.


That night they went to a light/music show called World of Color?? Since I wasn't there I can't tell you about it but I'm sure it was awesome. 
They sent me this picture while I was curled up in the hotel room.


The next day I cleaned myself up and ventured out with the family again. It was our last day but our flight wasn't until 4:30 so we still had a few hours in the park. Our mission was to find Mickey and Flick and were were able to do both within the first half hour!



I'm trying to get Megan semi-close to Mickey for a picture and she really doesn't want to. Kate had hugged Mickey just before this. 


They refused to pose with the Evil Queen.

Overall it was a great trip. I'm very mad about Sunday and the race but I guess that just means we have to go back again another year and do it all over again. 

(Chris L, Jamie, Keira, Jana, Tom/Dad, Hayley, Keith, Kate (who refused to look), 
Sara, Megan, Chris M. and Ashley)

Thanks Dad and Jana!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love meggy's face in the picture of Kate and her in front of the little door. And I cannot believe how big she is looking! 2?! No way! And trying doing the 4+ flight without six other adults to entertain. And Bryson's ears always hurt when we land. We found distracting him is the best. Gum doesn't work and he refuses to drink. Next flight. DC!!!