Warning: Picture Overload!! I took pictures with both my iphone and my DSLR so we have LOTS and LOTS.
We threw Megan a circus/carnival themed birthday party. This time we decided to invite friends AND family. Unfortunately not many of the friends showed up. But all our usual family guests and Kate and Megan's best friends, Kyler and Brooklyn (and mom Sam and dad Kurtis) were there so we had a great time.
This was the invite. I attribute all of my creativity to Pinterest. Without that site I would never be able to come up with this stuff on my own. These pictures are somewhat in random order. I'm too lazy to organize them all. It's too much work. :)
We had games...
and food...
Look at all that cotton candy!! We were able to find a cotton candy machine and spin about 40 bags of cotton candy Friday evening. It turned out great. Thank you to my Aunt Lori Anderton for tracking one down for us.
Cupcakes are always easier than having a cake, I think. That way you don't have to worry about cutting and serving it.
Kate and Megan were very patient Saturday morning while we set up. The party wasn't until 2 pm and it was a very long time for two little girls to wait.
Kate recently received some new cowboy boots so she passed her old ones on to Miss Megan. Kate would've gladly cut her toes off to keep fitting into her old boots but I didn't think it was a good idea for her to keep cramming them into a size 6 boot when she should be wearing a size 8.
The birthday girl!
Kate wanted to pose for a picture after I took Megan's picture.
We had root beer, popcorn, peanuts, cupcakes, cotton candy and animal crackers (inside the party favors).
My cute sister Hayley was willing to help out with face painting. Megan was even willing to hold still long enough for a bumble bee. Meggy kept calling it a ladybug though. At this stage most bugs are referred to as ladybugs. Ladybugs are a favorite in our household.
The baby stroller was a favorite and much needed gift. Kate and Megan have been fighting over Kate's baby stroller for weeks.
I even let Hayley paint my face.
I think all the pictures below were taken with the DSLR camera so they may look the same as the ones above.
Playing games with Grandpa Jim.
Kyler and Brooklyn - we play with them almost once a week.
Megan got a little shy while we sang to her. It's so overwhelming when you're two!
Hayley and her beau Jake. Young love, so cute. She is painting a dinosaur on his face. Hayley really did an awesome job. I was sad most of the kids didn't show up.
Grandpa Jim and Grandpa Steve.
Brooklyn lounging in a chair next to her mom Sam.









































1 comments:
we are so sad we could not come! YOu are such a cute anf fun mom.
Post a Comment