Tuesday, October 14, 2008

what are kids thinking...

So I forgot to post what happened in primary on Sunday. I have two things to blog about. One is, kids are weird sometimes and I don't understand them at all. The second is, I don't get our church sometimes.

1) Sunday I was alone with the kids, the other teacher didn't show up (more about that on #2). I had 3 little kids in class so a few were missing. I was teaching the lesson and during the entire lesson this little boy was squirming in his seat. I kept asking him if he needed to go to the bathroom and he kept telling me no. I asked about 3 times and he said no every time so I continued with the lesson. I should have just taken him but I was alone and didn't want to leave the other 2 kids. After a little while, I look down at his lap and a little puddle started to form. He had peed his pants and chair. So, I had to run down the hallway to get the Primary President to help with him so I could stay with the other two girls.

I mean, if you have to pee that bad, why wouldn't you just say "yes, I need to pee." I just don't get it.

2) So I guess the other primary teacher called the President last week and said she "needed a break" from teaching and didn't want to teach the sunbeams anymore. So the President called me last night (on Monday, I know) and asked if I would be okay teaching solo for a few months. I don't have a problem teaching solo it just doesn't make sense why they don't just release her and call somebody new. They said after the new year they will check in with her to see what she wants to do. I told the President I can teach solo but I also told her, if I have this baby I might just not show up one day. She said at the beginning of December they will call a substitute that can take over teaching and I can pretty much come and go as I need.

Just seems weird to keep people in callings if a)they don't want to be and b)they don't show up or even fulfill their calling. Wouldn't it make more sense to have people in who actually are willing to do at least a little work so that others don't bear the extra burden?

1 comments:

Chris and Jamie said...

UGGG! I know exactly what you mean!
1- We also had a puddle incident, but she just sat there, no squirming.
2- I HATE when teachers don't prepare the lesson (even though it's 'just' sunbeams) and/or don't bother to show up! We had a few months where we didn't know if one of the other teachers was going to come, so we would just have to be prepared to absorb their class. I understand the whole going into labor thing (since they recently had a baby), but she had the baby on a THURSDAY and he couldn't call in 3 days to say they wouldn't be coming????

Anyway, they finally moved so now we have a total of 10 kids in our class. How many more Sundays until January??????