Yes please! The third time I guess is the charm. Keith and I went to our baby doc appt on Friday and for the 3rd visit in a row I complained about my constant and severe rib and back pain. Finally after 3 months of dealing with the pain the doctor prescribed me some percocet. Yes I can take this during pregnancy, she just said not to take it excessivley. I asked if everyday was okay and she said yeah, just not 10 a day. Like I would take that many anyway. So for the most part I take one pill just before bed and it helps a little. Granted the pain is still ever present but its not really a sharp stabbing pain, it dulls it enough so I can fall asleep easier.
As far as dealing with the pain during the day I've started intermittent FMLA leave. My doctor certified me for a reduced work schedule so I'm not sitting 8-9 hours each day. So until Baby Hadlow is born I'll work 5-6 hours a day and be able to go home and rest in the afternoons.
This will of course cut into my 12 weeks (480 hours) of FMLA leave but in all honesty, I think Keith and I have decided I won't be returning to work so it doesn't really matter that I won't have the full 12 weeks available once she's born.
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Percocet Anyone?
Posted by Sara Hadlow at 8:32 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
Yeah for drugs! They are the best!
Honestly this is not something I would encourage but if its for medicinal (sp) purpose and you have DR's blessing-- ok.
I can see it now, poor Kate enrolled in rehab before she takes her first step. Ha ha!
No DUI please.
I'm glad you're able to sleep better and even happier that it's ok for the baby. Hang in there cutie!!
I'm glad you're able to feel better. And I hear you about not returning to work after the little one arrives.
Post a Comment