Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Our poor little girl.

Katie-bug has the flu. Keith was sick with a sore throat over the weekend and Kate started coughing Monday. Today she's had a fever and when it was at 101 we decided to take her to the kidscare since Dr. Doug isn't in the office on Wednesdays. While at the doctor they measured her temperature at 103! They gave us some medicine called Tamiflu that I'll give her twice a day for the next 5 days and am to treat her fever with Tylenol every 4-5 hours. For being sick she's still a really good baby. She still sleeps pretty well if not more than usual. She's still been eating okay. She's been a little extra fussy but not really noticeable. She's mainly just been really lethargic and looks like she hasn't slept in days. Last night I could tell she was super tired. At about 7 pm after pushing her around in the laundry basket for a bit (which she usually loves) she just sat there and stared for about 20 minutes. We decided to put her to bed early and she still slept until 8:30 this morning (she did wake twice for about 10 or 15 minutes though)! Our poor baby, I feel so bad.

3 comments:

Joyous Journal said...

It's difficult to watch your kids be sick, especially when they can't tell you what hurts...keep a close eye on her and hopefully she'll be back to her busy body self again soon.

Jana said...

Im so sorry Kate is sick, she is so sweet, I don't like temperatures, hope she gets feeling better soon. Oh, I love the new family picture, you guys all look great, love Kate's sweater.

Bonnie and Jim said...

I have been so worried about her. It's hard not knowing just what they want or need. I could tell Monday, her eyes were red at the bottoms and she just didn't look her perky self. I have been praying for her and for the two of you. Love you!!