We had an awesome Thanksgiving this year. We started the morning off with our traditional South Davis Rec Center Thanksgiving 5k. I have to say this year was much better than 2 years ago for me. We didn't do it last year since I was VERY pregnant at Thanksgiving. 2 years ago though my time was about 10 minutes slower than this year, I walked for some of it and I threw up halfway through. This year my time was 25:57, ran the whole way and felt like I should have done the 10k when I was done. My dad, Tom, Keith and Keith's mom, Bonnie also joined us again this year. My dad came in at about 26:05, Keith came in at about 28:05 and Bonnie finished strong at about 34 minutes.
We had our first feast at about 1:00 pm with my side of the family. We went to my mom's sisters house where her brother, sister and their families celebrated with my mom, Steve, Chris, Jamie, Keith, Kate and me. This is Kate's first Thanksgiving and I think she enjoyed it. Luckily she's at an age where she could pretty much enjoy a little bit of everything we ate.
After lunch we went home and napped and then headed to Keith's parents at about 5:00 pm for our second feast. Everything was so delicious, I wish we could eat Thanksgiving dinner every day, of course then we would have to run 10k's every day to burn off all those calories.





1 comments:
Forget the calories!
Post a Comment