I had my first visit yesterday and all is well. Unfortunately couldn't hear the heart beat but it is still early and I honestly didn't expect to. We didn't the first time with Kate either. They want me to go back in 2 weeks and we should be able to hear it then. According to their calendar the due date is September 30th, not the 29th. But it's all a guess anyway right? I asked about my physical limitations and she didn't want my heart rate to exceed 140 so that basically means no real running. Kate and I enjoyed a couple miles of power walking with weights with a few laps of running thrown in the mix today at the gym. Hopefully I can keep this up and it will make this pregnancy easier and I'll bounce back faster. I can't ask for an easier labor and delivery because that was my all time favorite part - hands down. I would do that part over and over and over again if that meant I could skip the gestation and recovery periods.
Thursday, February 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





6 comments:
It will be good to have another September birthday. Maybe if you could go a couple of days early I would be willing to share!!
I'm sure I'll be praying to go early. :) At least a few days would be nice.
Congratulations! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you to have a boy:)
I am so happy for you guys. I'm sure it will be another adorable baby. It's no fun having the physical limitations, though, is it? My dr. tells me to keep my heart rate under 160, still no fun. I was too sick in my first trimester and the first half of my second to exercise, and I'm paying for it now with my weight gain! Hopfully you can avoid that!I've been working out again, but the weight damage was already done:)
Jesse was the one I workout with the most and my water broke at home and by the time I got to the hospital he came, the Doctor didn't even make it, some intern came in to catch him, he was by far the easiest delivery of my kids. I think I mostly did the bike and walked a lot.
So excited for you guys!! Good luck through the summer I hope it's not too bad for you.
Post a Comment