Weight: 21 lbs 12 oz (32%)
Height: 31 1/4 in. (74%)
Head Circum.: 46.5 cm (67%)
She did awesome at her appt this morning. I think Dr. Doug loved her. He says normally 15 month olds cry through the whole thing. She didn't cry at all and let him check everything he needed to and just sat on my lap quietly. She only had to get 2 shots (instead of 5 like last time) thank goodness. She didn't even cry after the first one and only for a second after the second one. Once the nurse showed her the sucker she seemed to be just fine. I remember the first time the nurse gave a sucker after shots. I had to hold it and Kate barely took a few tastes of it. This time Kate held it herself and almost had the whole thing licked and bitten off by the time we got home... and the doctor only lives maybe a mile away!
I still look at her and think, where did this little girl come from? I can't believe she's actually mine!
The Dr. did give us some advice on discipline since she has started to throw tantrums. He also mentioned about dealing with the tantrums now because when more children come into the picture it would only get worse. I then told him that might be sooner than later and we're expecting in September. He told me a few things to prepare her for the change. One thing was to convert her crib into a bed so she won't feel like the new baby is going to take over her crib. I'm not sure if I'm ready for her to be in a bed...then she might be able to climb out!





5 comments:
Oh, she seems so small for a bed, but good advice. She is a very special little girl. I love her personality. Her smile melts my heart.
The only "tantrum" I've seen is when we told her she couldn't go outside cuz it was snowing! It seems SO early to convert her bed to a toddler bed, but I guess the time would come anyway. I agree with the dr though, ease her into it .... maybe closer to 18 months :) then she'll totally have this new found freedom - she's got a big girl bed AND can run around outside all day!
when were you at the doctor? I was there today cuz i'm sick :( I think it's funny that me and kate have the same doctor!
She is such a beautiful little girl, Kell and I love it when we come visit and we get to see her. I wish we lived closer so she could get use to me and let me hold her, but she does like Kell. I remember doing the bed thing with Josh when we had Jesse, it was really hard for me, he still seemed so young, but I did keep him in for as long as Jesse was in a bassinet in my room. Then we switched to the big boys bed, we told him.
switching her to a toddler bed would be cheaper than buying another crib! I think that would help with the transition so she doesn't feel like she has to compete to be the other baby.
Post a Comment