Saturday, March 13, 2010

Placenta Previa

We had a bit of a scare this week. I noticed some spotting which I never had while pregnant with Kate so of course I assumed the worst that we miscarried. I called the Dr and we immediately went to LDS Hospital for an ultrasound. During that time we were able to see our baby moving and hear the heart beat so we knew all was well with the baby. It turns out I have partial Placenta Previa which means the placenta is partially covering the babies exit to this world. For some reason this is also causing some bleeding. The nurse said it can be fairly common at this phase in the pregnancy to have Placenta Previa and the placenta should migrate out of the way before it comes time to deliver. If not, I unfortunately get to endure a C-Section. We're praying it moves out of the way in the next 29 weeks. I do NOT want a C-Section. So for now until bleeding stops I'm on "pelvic rest" and have decided to abandon any weight lifting and just stick to walking at the gym. I don't want to do anything to cause more bleeding or other complications.

5 comments:

Chris and Jamie said...

Oh Sara, please be so careful! I know you want to exercise, but your body needs rest. I'm so glad everything is okay... I've already had 3 friends miscarry this year and I don't want to have you added to that list. Lots of love to you all!

Jana said...

So scary, and you need to even be careful with walking!!! I'm glad everything is ok, take it easy.

Kim Lloyd said...

Glad everything is okay! Take it easy and take care of yourself! I know most people don't want a C-Section, but having had 3 of them, they really aren't the end of the world! Hope it moves out of the way in the next 29 weeks!

Cherice said...

Tell Keith to take care of Kate today. You just put your feet up. I have had a couple scares too. All they say is put your feet up and take it easy. And that is what I do! Ty is really good about putting up with my "All jammie days" Hope things work out for you. Don't stress about the C-section. If that is how this little one is going to come into this world, then so be it. You will be ready for him/her to arrive doesn't matter how :)

Anonymous said...

I really hope you don't have to either! But in the end it's important that the baby and you are healthy and safe. Either way I'll be there to help take care of Kate (more just let Bryson and Kate play together) while you and the baby rest.