Do you ever have those moments where you think you deserve the Worst Mother in the World Award? I had one of those moments yesterday. For those of you who have never been to our house we have multiple levels and 3 different sets of stairs. Kate and I usually hang out and play in the living room which has about 6 steps that lead up to the bathroom/bedrooms and then another set of maybe 8 steps leading down to the front door. Honestly Kate has been so good about going up and down stairs that I usually only put the gate up if I need to keep her upstairs because she is trying to go outside or I need to bring the groceries in from the car. Yesterday we were playing in the living room. She had wanted her tutu on so she was wearing that running around the living room and I ran up the stairs to put something back in the bathroom cupboard. While in there I hear some loud noises and then Kate crying. I rush out of the bathroom, scan the living room and realize the loud noise was her falling down the set of stairs that lead to the front door. I rush down the stairs, pick her up and bring her back into the living room to rock her in the rocking chair. Luckily she was totally fine, not even a bump or bruise anywhere that I could find. After about 3 or 4 minutes of rocking she was totally fine and ready to twirl some more in her tutu.
Friday, June 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
hate those moments!!!! How are you feeling?
it's gotta be hard to not take that personally and feel responsible. Good thing she's okay!
Don't ever doubt that you are a good mother, beacuse you are. Children are quick and unfortunatly, we can't protect them every minute of the day. The older they get the more they explore.
I am glad she is ok.
Post a Comment