

That is the question. Keith and I get more and more eager to build our own home. There's just something about building a fresh new house the way YOU want it instead of the way the previous owner(s) wanted it. We LOVE our ward and I LOVE being 5 minutes away from two sets of grandparents; I can't imagine living anywhere other than the Bountiful, West Btfl area. Luckily there are two lot options in our ward. One is the Heritage Pointe subdivision just south of us or there are a few lots a little farther south on the other side of 800 west in a small cul-de-sac just east of our ward building. We may get eager and desperate enough we'd be willing to live with the 'rents for a bit to buy a lot and save up for a bit so we can actually afford to build the house too.
This is another house we both really like and it might be more realistic on the pocket book. There is a bonus room over the garage. I like the idea of a playroom that nobody ever sees so I don't have to pick up the same toys 12 million times a day. If we finish the bonus room the house is just about 2100 sq ft. Without it, there's 1800 sq ft. We're also curious if there would be a way to have an unfinished basement. We'll see what happens. Some dreams come true, some don't.
Thursday, July 1, 2010
To build or not to build
Posted by Sara Hadlow at 10:49 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
Living with parents with 2 kids. I don't know if you could handle living with parents. As much as I love parents, once you are on your own it's so hard to live with parents. Trust me. I know from experience (3 times, and it might not be over).
I love the house plans. Everything on one level is ideal. I hope your dreams come true.
That is a very tough question in your position (1 income, 2 kids, very used to your privacy). Chris said he would "never" build a house with me because I'd be too overbearing and checking on the progress every day. That's too bad because next time we're building and next time is the last time so I'm getting what I want!
Post a Comment