I'm going through a major nesting period with this pregnancy. With Kate I just felt like crap the whole time so I never had a nesting phase. I had more of a, "let me just sit on my butt and who cares about anything" phase. Our house has two bedrooms upstairs and one bedroom in the basement. I know a lot of people would do it differently but we decided to move our room downstairs and keep the two girls upstairs in their own rooms. I'm very particular about my own sleep so I just couldn't bring myself to put the girls together. (Often I wish I could have my own room again, I love you babe, I really do, I'm just the worlds most sensitive sleeper.) Anyway, I don't want them to bother each other and I don't want to have to worry about different sleep schedules conflicting with each other...they will just conflict with my sleep schedule. :) The downstairs bedroom became the collect-all crap room over the last 3 years so it's been a project clearing everything out, organizing everything and moving our stuff downstairs. With much help from my mom and Steve we're almost organized again. We've thrown away a lot and put several things in storage and in the garage. I finally feel like I'm getting ready for Megan. I feel like I've been neglecting her. It was much easier to prepare for Kate's arrival. Anyone who is a parent of a toddler knows what a challenge going to the store is. A quick trip to the store is never a quick trip to the store anymore. I keep putting things off because it's just not as convenient to prepare when I already have a little one to take care of. But this last week or two my nesting instinct has kicked into overdrive and I'm finally just getting it all done and set up for her arrival. I figure my belly isn't going to get any smaller or lighter to carry around so it won't get any easier to get things ready and organized.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comments:
You are doing great girl. Just a few more weeks and then you will want to leave them both with grandma to make that run to the store(s)!
Post a Comment