Monday, December 6, 2010

Oh Christmas Tree...




Our tree is up, the stockings are hung, the decorations are out and all the presents are bought and wrapped. Kate is much more aware of things this year. She keeps poking at the presents (even sitting on them!) and pulling the ornaments off the tree. We also have her birthday present wrapped (in birthday paper) and under the tree. She keeps poking at that one in particular because she knows its for her. She'll point to it and say "happy cake." Its her word for anything birthday related. She learned it from a Little People's Birthday Special DVD that she received with one of her gifts last year. It's so cute, West Bountiful had all the police cars drive around the city with their lights and siren on. Santa Clause was following behind on a fire truck waving. I picked Kate up and we pulled open the blinds and watched and waved as they drove by and when Santa was gone Kate kept saying, "Again! Again!" We tried telling her that Santa had to go see other people. I may have to suffer through a long line this year so she can see Santa Clause...even though I know she won't say a word to him and may even be too scared to sit on his lap...so maybe we'll wait another year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look at you this year! I remember two years ago you couldn't have cared less about Christmas and all that's associated to it. I'm behind this year. I still have to buy Bryson's final gift. I did most of mine online though.

janajdearden said...

She may surprise you. It is always fun to have the picture with Santa for your scrapbook.