Sunday, April 17, 2011

7 Months Old


Miss Meggie (Meg-ee), as I like to call, her is 7 months old as of yesterday. She is a beautiful little girl and is becoming more and more of a little personality instead of just a little lump. She does roll over every day now but only to get off her tummy and it's usually in her crib. She is doing better and better at sitting on her own. I can even walk into the other room to grab something and come back and she'll still be sitting strong. She loves to grab and reach for things (including my hair and Kate's hair a time or two). This picture is from a week or so ago. We had a bunch of pink balloons for my birthday and they stayed afloat for about a week and a half afterwards and Megan just loved to lay on the floor and watch the balloons. I would tease her with the ribbons and pull the balloons down over her and let them float back up, she loved it. I eventually got tired of having twenty-something balloons (a few popped during the party) in the living room and I secretly popped them all when Kate was napping.


Megan is enjoying solids more and more and she has slowed down on the bottle and seems to be more satisfied with the solids. She pretty much eats 3-4 times a day. Solids are 3 times and then either a little bottle before or after and then she gets a bottle before bed. She is still waking up once during the night and it's totally random. Some nights it will be 3 am other nights it will be 6 am. I prefer 6 am and she'll eat a little and still go back to bed until about 8 am. Otherwise she goes to bed between 7:30 and 8:00 and wakes up between 8:00 and 8:30. She then naps about 10/10:30 for about 2 hours and then naps again at about 2:00 for 1 hour. It's pretty much the same schedule Kate was on and I know it works for me. Although with Kate's nap it gets tricky. I've tried to put Kate down at 11:00 to nap for an hour so their naps overlap at least for that last hour, but Kate usually isn't tired enough by then so Kate ends up napping at more like 12:30. So most days it seems like one will wake up as the other one goes down. The only time they're both awake for longer than an hour together is in the evenings. Sometimes it's nice to only have to deal with one at a time but it also means we're stuck at home a lot.

Megan is also starting to jabber more and she squeals and laughs more and more. I love it when she gets in a laughing mood. Sometimes all Kate has to do is run back and forth and Megan will be giggling her head off. It's so cute.

1 comments:

Bonnie and Jim said...

She is changing so much. I loved hearing those giggles tonight. She sure loves to watch her big sister.