(before heading to the starting line)

Dad and I participated in the Salt Lake half marathon on Saturday April 16. The weather was PERFECT! It had been lightly raining early that morning so the air was cool. During the race it didn't rain at all but it stayed overcast so it remained cool and the sun wasn't in our eyes which was perfect. We woke about 5:00 am and Dad met Keith and I at our house at about 5:30. We left just before 6:00 am and headed to the University of Utah campus. After a few nervous potty stops in the Union building Dad and I left Keith with the car and headed to the starting line at about 6:45 am. We started just a few minutes after 7:00 am and we stayed together until about mile 10. After that point, I increased my speed just a little bit and finished in 1 hr 59 minutes 46 seconds. Dad shortly followed and finished at 2 hrs 3 minutes 35 seconds. It was awesome. I had fun the entire time, never once did I want to quit or take a break. I think I trained so well that I was prepared to run at that pace and I wasn't just dying to keep that pace.
Thank you for all the support and well wishes. Thank you to Bonnie and Jim for taking Kate the night before and getting her ready and bringing her to see me finish. Thank you to Chris and Jamie for taking Megan and a big thank you to Keith for waking up early to drive Dad and I to the starting line!





1 comments:
I think it's great that you and your father run together. You did awesome Sara!!
Post a Comment