Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Cute Kate Moments

Here are some more cute things that Katie-Bug does. Unless you've heard her say it you might not think it's anything special but they're things that put a smile on my face each day.

She is very polite. Whenever she says no she ALWAYS says, "no thank-you." Even if she's crying she still includes the thank-you.

When she says thank you she'll also say you're welcome so it's more like, "Thank you mommy, you're welpome." (Welpome is how she pronounces it right now.)

When she asks for something and I have to ask her if this is what she wants, she says "ok" instead of saying "yes." She does it in a way that sounds like, "Ok, that's a great idea mom!" For example, she'll say, "Outside?" So I'll say, "Do you want to go outside?" and she'll say, "Ok."

On Monday when cousin Braxton was over, Megan was in her exersaucer and Braxton went over and started playing with one of the toys on the exersaucer. Kate ran over and put her arms around Megan to protect her from Braxton. Even though Braxton wasn't doing anything, it was THE cutest thing to see how protective Kate was of her little sister.

This evening we were watching Lion King and Kate and I were on the couch. She turns to me and lifts her foot and asks, "foot rub?" So I went and got lotion and rubbed her feet for a few minutes. She loved it. I asked her a few times if it felt good and she would nod and get a big smile on her face. 2 years old and already eager to get foot rubs.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can she teach bryson to say no thank you? Bryson is very demanding.

"Mom pick up now"
"Mom come here now"
"I do it"

Get the picture?

Bonnie and Jim said...

What a good mom to give your her a foot rub. She is getting more and more talkative all the time. She is one of the most polite children I have ever heard.

Chris and Jamie said...

I LOVE that she says "okay" instead of "yes". It's hilarious. That's what she did when we asked her what she wanted to eat.
"Are you hungry?"
"No"
"Do you want some chicken nuggets?"
"No"
"Do you want some strawberries?"
"Okay"
You guys are great parents!

Brooks and Mandy said...

I absolutly Love toddler talk. It so fun. Brax says No thank you too and I love it. Good job Kate for protecting Megan from Braxton! U never know what he is capable of but usually not too harmless!