Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Baby Quilt



I'm in the process of making a baby quilt for Chris and Jamie's baby girl (due August). I originally had different fabric selected but waited until I had the money and could get a birthday discount of 15%. By the time I went back to buy the fabric it was gone but I found this instead. I also didn't use a pattern and had just sketched out the strips myself based on the original fabric so I was nervous how this was going to end up. I still really like it, maybe even more than what I originally picked. I put this all together in 3 hours one night after both girls were in bed.I wanted to get all the strips sewn so I wouldn't risk getting them out of order or misplaced by some curious little girl. I now just have to add the border and then add the border to the back fabric and take it over to get it machine quilted. More pics to come when its finished.

3 comments:

Bonnie and Jim said...

It's darling!! I love the fabric you chose. She is going to love it!!

Brooks and Mandy said...

We need to have a quiling night Sara!

Chris and Jamie said...

It is really cute, I'm so excited! Only 15 more weeks! :)