Monday, September 29, 2008

the dumb things men say...

This might be a, "you had to be there" kind of a moment but I told Keith I was going to blog it.

Friday night we were getting ready to go rent our movie and I had changed into a long sleeve black shirt and long black lounge pants. I was looking in the full length mirror in the bedroom. Keith made the comment that I was in all black. I jokingly but seductively ask, "Is it slimming? Do I still look pregnant?" Keith matter of factly says, "No actually, you just look kinda fat." My mouth drops open, his eyes go wide and he starts to blubber about how he didn't say that and that's not what he meant. Lucky for him I was in a very good mood and we both had a good laugh at what just came of his mouth. I have to admit, the way he said it was HILARIOUS.

7 comments:

Joyous Journal said...

I think it's called 'open mouth insert foot' syndrom. Many men are affected by it.

Bonnie and Jim said...

Keith, I can't believe you said that. I thougth I taught you better than that. What can I say Sara, he's a guy.

Dustin said...

Keith, I know what you meant. I got your back on this one.

Anonymous said...

It's okay Dustin basically told me I was fatter than you! I was saying how I still wasn't looking pregnant and looking back at pictures from when you were this far along you looked more pregnant. Well Dustin decided to tell me that maybe because you are so skinny that there was no room for the baby to go but out unlike me I'm not so skinny so I can still hide it. I knew he didn't mean it meanly but it didn't come out right.

Zack Family said...

He is such a HADLOW!! It something any of them would say but it would have bugged me a little bit too!

Jana said...

Hi guys, thanks for inviting me to your blog, I love to look at all our families blogs, it helps me feel closer to home. Hope you are all doing well and can't wait until the new arrival. Sara I hope you will feel some comfort soon, I know about the dumb things men say, if I ask Lynn about that stuff all he says "is this a trick question?" You look great.

Ash said...

Ryan said I looked like Jack Black the other day. And he told me I looked like a snail yesterday. I don't think they really think about what they're saying, do they?