This post is kind of warning to other parents out there for those with teenagers or soon to be teenagers. I read a shocking article today on MSNBC about Teen "Sexting." This term is used to describe a new trend where teens use their cell phones to send racy messages and videos to friends. The article talks about how young teenagers are being charged with child pornography charges for taking nude pictures of themselves or others and sending it to their friends. It also tells a story about an 18 year old girl who sent racy photos to her boyfriend, they later broke up and he sent the pictures to tons of other people in their school and the girl was harassed to the point she committed suicide. Hopefully the teenagers we know wouldn't do things like this but I would hate for someone I know to make some bad judgement call and be charged with child pornography charges and have to be listed as a pedophile for the rest of their life. Teenagers can be mean to each other, I feel for the parents of the girl who killed herself because of the harassment she received.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
It's really freaky what kids are doing now a days to get that "high". Did you hear about the "choking game"? They'll choke themselves (usually with a belt) until they pass out and see how long they were out for. What a great way to give yourself brain damage! Seriously, where are the parents in these situations??? I realize you can't be there ALL the time, but this is where it pays off to be an "intrusive" parent and be very involved in your kid's life, including knowing their friends!
I heard that on the Today show yesterday and I had heard it a while back too. It seems to be getting worse. I fear what kids will do when Bryson is a teenager. I makes my heart break. Stuff like this makes me glad I'll be a stay at home mom so that I can be more involved in their lives.
Back in my days the worse things kids would do to each other where either pass a note in the class around saying how they hated so and so or maybe meet you after school to beat you up because you liked their boyfriend. Now kids are doing things that are life altering- literally! It's sad.
Teach your children correct principles and let them govern themselves. And pray for their safety everytime they go out!
Post a Comment