For the past year I've been asking the question why a lot. I'm the kind of person that if something is asked of me or I'm expected to do something I need to know why, I like to understand the logic behind things. I've concluded that when it comes to God and life, he's not always going to tell me why. I just have to have the faith that he really does have our best interest at heart and trust that things are the way they are for a reason. My big question has been, "Why does Heavenly Father let us suffer pain?" I understand the idea that you have to know the bad to know the good, but why does he let us suffer for extended periods of time? I'm not sure that I'll ever get the answer to this question in this life. Until I do, I guess I'll just have to push through any physical or emotional pain hat comes my way and believe that Heavenly Father knows what he's doing, and hope there is a reason for it, even if I don't get it.
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
is there something you'd like to talk about sometime about more specifics? We need to understand what our Heavenly Father knows is not always something our ability will understand, so that makes us doubt 'things'. We just maybe not have the ability to understand all of his terms. What pain are you speaking of?
Mainly in regards to pregnancy. Why, when women are sacrificing their bodies to bring children into this world, does he let us suffer so much pain and agony? In a way we're doing it for Heavenly Father so you'd think he'd give us a break once in a while.
visit the temple again. Then we can talk.
Post a Comment